Friday, October 4, 2013

Museum doh

Recently I went to The Civil War siege museum in Old Town Petersburg.  It was a rainy muggy day and a couple of friends and I just got a bite to eat and had nothing to do.  As we were driving we saw the sign for the museum so we decided to check it out.  When we got there we found out that it didn't open for another 15 minutes,  so we decided to wait it out.  When it finally opened a nice little old lady came and let us in.  She was our tour guide, and showed us around the museum.  First thing we did was watch a movie on the Siege of Petersburg that was produced by a man from Petersburg!  After that we went and saw what all the museum had from cannons, to clothing, to money from the Civil War.  I soon found out that the tour guide does not like cell phones in the museum and thought I was taking pictures of everything.  I assured her I was sending a text message and she told me "not to text it either".  It was a nice museum if you have some spare time, it cost $5 to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment